Safari tents, chalets, cottages, chambres d'hôtes and 3-star campsite
An authentic and unique vacation far from mass tourism, matching quality and the natural beauty of the countryside. Domaine les Gandins is bordered by the river La Sioule and ideally situated between the waters of Vichy and the medieval villages of Charroux and Montluçon. It is surrounded by the 500 castles of the Auvergne and outstanding natural landscapes, such as the Tronçais forest, the Val d'Allier reserve, or the famous extinct vulcanoes...
Read more +
Rentals & campsite
Domaine les Gandins : a charming country house from 1674, surrounded by authentic farm buildings converted into holiday cottages, safari tents (open-air lodges), chalets and a small campsite. For those guests who like the touch of luxury, the character house has three warmly decorated chambres d'hôtes.
Read more +
New in 2018
- Safari tents : installation of an additionnal safari tent, change of dining room in each tent (table and chairs) for an Easy-Sit wooden table, change of floors, production of closets in the bedrooms, refurbishment of the kitchens/working surfaces, replacement of 5 tents’ construction, complete change of decoration.
- Chalets : full renovation of floors in the bathrooms, installation of a modern bathroom furniture in each chalet for more comfort.
- Cottages : change of floors in La Fleurie and L’Orangerie’s kitchens, cottage Bois le Duc : replacement of 2 beds 90x200cm for 1 bed 160x200cm.
- Chambres d’hôtes : change of floors in the guestrooms Crozat and Lacroix.
- Campsite : plantation of new trees, renovation of the sanitair : paint and floors.
Read more +
Domaine les Gandins «Extras»
- A out of common place to stay and unique glamping experience : unusual lodgings in a peaceful natural environment of 10 hectares;
- Authentic refurbished cottages with view on river;
- Heated and above-ground pool;
- Bordered by river La Sioule, the estate is rich of shaded swimming areas, child-friendly and safe distance from the lodgings;
- Table d'hôtes : you will be able to taste the authentic and French food;
- Rustic decor and brocante furniture;
- Four playgrounds, kids bikes and go-karts available for free;
- Bread and viennoiseries delivery;
- Car free estate.